Subject: bug#51612: 27.2; M-n to auto-complete file path

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2025 11:25:18 +0200

On Thu, Jul 17, 2025 at 11:18 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2025 10:47:59 +0200
> >
> > Ping
> >
> > I hit this bug from time to time.  I'd be grateful if someone could
> > look into this.
>
> I tried just now, both with the current emacs-30 branch and the master
> branch, and couldn't reproduce the behavior you describe.  I _can_
> reproduce with older Emacs versions, up to and including Emacs 29.3.
>
> So I guess this bug was solved in Emacs 30, and we can close it.

OK -- for the record, I've detailed below the version I'm using now
(for which the problem does exist).

Currently I don't have another version for MS-Windows to test.

That said, I guess you are right.  Let's close this ticket then and
when I update my MS-Windows version I'll test this again.

Thanks!

-- 
Dani Moncayo

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-08-02 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
System Description: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
(v6.3.0.9600.21620)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252