Subject: bug#51605: Fwd: [PATCH] Update themes to support mode-line

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:21:13 +0100

HI,
> you are
> less likely to mix up the buffer text with the line number indication
> when scanning quickly, and it is easier to see which line you are on
> with a subtle color difference on the line number.
That's the intent. I need to review YAML and Python often and knowing
exactly where the buffer starts is crucial.

Best, /PA

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 at 22:49, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I don't think we should change defaults of the faces because someone
> > prefers to have them look differently.  Faces can be easily
> > customized, so people who don't like the defaults can have the faces
> > they like very easily.
>
> Me neither.  I think they should change if the new proposal is better.
> I'm personally not married to it as I only use display-line-numbers-mode
> occasionally (and can indeed customize it locally), but I think it's a
> good idea.  In particular, I like the functional aspect of it: you are
> less likely to mix up the buffer text with the line number indication
> when scanning quickly, and it is easier to see which line you are on
> with a subtle color difference on the line number.
>
> Perhaps it could make sense to ask people on emacs-devel or maybe even
> do one of our never criticized 30 days experiment on master to give
> people a feel for the change before deciding anything.
>

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler