Subject: Re: bug#51592: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add bloomberg-bde.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 16:50:22 +0100

Hi,

Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 9fc2c247d937d587c54b634ec6fcca2b77e22f37 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 15:22:19 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add bloomberg-bde.
>
> * gnu/packages/cpp.scm (bloomberg-bde): New variable.

[...]

> +      (name "bloomberg-bde")
> +      ; Recent releases are not tagged so commit must be used for checkout.
> +      (version "3.93.0.0")
> +      (source (origin
> +                (method git-fetch)
> +                (uri (git-reference
> +                      (url "https://github.com/bloomberg/bde")
> +                      (commit commit)))

There are several bundled code bases, including pcre2, which is already
packaged.

Could you look into unbundling at least pcre2, and ideally all of these?
You can remove ‘thirdparty/’ subdirectories from the snippet.

If some of them are too hard to unbundle, we can leave a FIXME and
address them later.

Nitpick: Please use two semicolons to introduce comments that are on a
line of their own.  :-)

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the delay!

Ludo’.