Subject: Re: webkitgtk fails to build on i686-linux; possibly a clang issue

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 03:34:35 -0400

Earlier, I wrote:
> I just noticed that the aforementioned patch is already applied to
> upstream WebKitGTK-2.34.1, so all we would need to do is change "1" to
> "0" in the following line on i686-linux systems:
>
>   #define USE_MUL_OVERFLOW 1
>
> I pushed the following (untested) commit to 'gnuzilla-updates' that does
> exactly this, and does so in such a way that rebuilds will not be needed
> on other systems.  Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

It worked, so I've now pushed it to the 'master' branch, commit
4fd12fb00d595b6f6a5d5cc734863f4c4bc5f46c.  I'm closing this bug now, but
of course we can continue to discuss further improvements or other
approaches.

       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.