Subject: Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 18:52:56 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2021, 03:16 -0400 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
> In the case, upstream's upstream (WebKit) is Apple, which I guess
> uses some version of clang for compilation.  I'm currently trying to
> build WebKitGTK with clang-11, and so far it looks hopeful.  It has
> gotten beyond the point where it failed before, anyway.
I don't think we want to use Clang for WebKit, even if Apple does. 
Either way...

> I do not yet know whether it will ultimately succeed, but I went
> ahead and pushed my preliminary patch to the 'gnuzilla-updates'
> branch. (Admittedly, it's a slight abuse of that branch, but this was
> the most expedient way for me to ask the Berlin build farm to try
> building WebKitGTK and its dependents on the 'master' branch.)
> 
> If it turns out to work, feel free to push the commit to 'master' on
> my behalf (with the "UNTESTED: " prefix removed from the log, of
> course).
It builds for x86_64, but fails for i686.  I haven't checked the other
systems, perhaps they finished during my commute, but I'm pretty sure
that means no webkit for a large amount of users.

Regards,
Liliana