Subject: bug#51564: closed (Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 18:12:03 +0000

Your bug report

#51555: Old libsoup package failing system reconfigure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51555: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51555
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 14:09:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

FYI, I pushed commit 9d3a5ddc2700aa099bb1bf9c5e8b3062445b907a to
'master', which fixes the webkitgtk-2.34.1 build on x86_64-linux.  In
addition to the fixes already shown in Liliana's proposed patch,
9d3a5ddc27 also arranges to use clang-11 for compilation.

Unfortunately, the build fails on i686-linux, which is the only system
other than x86_64-linux where webkitgtk-2.32.4 was successfully built.

Note that I tried clang-11 first, because upstream WebKit surely uses
clang for compilation, and it works for building IceCat on Guix, so I
had it hunch that it was a good bet.  However, it would be good to now
try compiling webkitgtk-2.34.1 with a newer version of GCC.  It's
possible that might fix the build on i686-linux.

Anyway, I'm closing this bug.  I'll open another bug to track the
i686-linux issue.

     Thanks,
       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.

Subject: Old libsoup package failing system reconfigure
From: Disseminate Dissent <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 06:03:05 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Attached is the output of `guix system reconfigure` it seems to fail due to an out of date libsoup package. The rebuild needs libsoup 3.0 and the repo has 2.72.

This is my first bug report. I hope that was sufficient information.

All the best,
Dissent