Subject: bug#51559: closed (Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 18:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#51555: Webkit fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51555: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51555
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#51564: [PATCH] gnu: webkitgtk: Fix configure failures.
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 14:09:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

FYI, I pushed commit 9d3a5ddc2700aa099bb1bf9c5e8b3062445b907a to
'master', which fixes the webkitgtk-2.34.1 build on x86_64-linux.  In
addition to the fixes already shown in Liliana's proposed patch,
9d3a5ddc27 also arranges to use clang-11 for compilation.

Unfortunately, the build fails on i686-linux, which is the only system
other than x86_64-linux where webkitgtk-2.32.4 was successfully built.

Note that I tried clang-11 first, because upstream WebKit surely uses
clang for compilation, and it works for building IceCat on Guix, so I
had it hunch that it was a good bet.  However, it would be good to now
try compiling webkitgtk-2.34.1 with a newer version of GCC.  It's
possible that might fix the build on i686-linux.

Anyway, I'm closing this bug.  I'll open another bug to track the
i686-linux issue.

     Thanks,
       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.

Subject: Webkit fails to build
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 22:02:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Copypasta of the relevant log
(/var/log/guix/drvs/pr/nl8g1ky1z3l3dfp4llh50w5qzd2qz4-webkitgtk-
2.34.1.drv.bz2):

-- Checking for module 'egl'
--   Found egl, version 20.2.4
-- Found EGL: /gnu/store/jf269s6clr6r57p8v5c3c1qkyra6apq2-mesa-
20.2.4/include  
-- Checking for module 'gl'
--   Found gl, version 20.2.4
-- Found OpenGL: /gnu/store/jf269s6clr6r57p8v5c3c1qkyra6apq2-mesa-
20.2.4/include  
-- Looking for include file GL/glx.h
-- Looking for include file GL/glx.h - found
-- Checking for module 'glesv2'
--   Found glesv2, version 20.2.4
-- Found OpenGLES2: /gnu/store/jf269s6clr6r57p8v5c3c1qkyra6apq2-mesa-
20.2.4/lib/libGLESv2.so (found version "3.2") 
-- Checking for module 'gtk+-3.0'
--   Found gtk+-3.0, version 3.24.24
-- Checking for module 'gtk+-unix-print-3.0'
--   Found gtk+-unix-print-3.0, version 3.24.24
-- Found GTK: 3.24.24 (Required is at least version "3.22.0") 
-- Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "", but required is
at least "2.99.9" (found LIBSOUP_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND)
CMake Error at Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake:212 (message):
  libsoup 3 is required.  Enable USE_SOUP2 to use libsoup 2 (disables
HTTP/2)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Source/cmake/WebKitCommon.cmake:220 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:20 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/tmp/guix-build-webkitgtk-2.34.1.drv-
0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/tmp/guix-build-webkitgtk-2.34.1.drv-
0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
command "cmake" "../webkitgtk-2.34.1" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" "-
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/gnu/store/4vchdgd2c3kvgyf8s9z54985vf80gsaa-
webkitgtk-2.34.1" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib" "-
DCMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH=TRUE" "-
DCMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH=/gnu/store/4vchdgd2c3kvgyf8s9z54985vf80gsaa-
webkitgtk-2.34.1/lib" "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" "-DPORT=GTK" "-
DENABLE_GTKDOC=ON" "-DENABLE_GAMEPAD=OFF" "-DUSE_SYSTEMD=OFF" "-
DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=/gnu/store/4vchdgd2c3kvgyf8s9z54985vf80gsaa-webkitgtk-
2.34.1/lib" "-DUSE_GSTREAMER_GL=OFF" failed with status 1