Subject: bug#51555: webkitgtk broken with commit 8797a07a

From: zachary rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:20:30 -0400

It looks like webkitgtk won't build for me anymore after the version got
bumped to 2.34.1.

The error happens during configuration, with relevant logging
===============================
-- Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "", but required is at
least "2.99.9" (found LIBSOUP_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND)
CMake Error at Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake:212 (message):
  libsoup 3 is required.  Enable USE_SOUP2 to use libsoup 2 (disables
HTTP/2)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Source/cmake/WebKitCommon.cmake:220 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:20 (include)
===============================

If instead I time-machine to the previous commit
==============
guix time-machine --commit=80c0505f166101bbe6d55b8f2314d1a18227b3ee --
install webkitgtk
==============
it all builds fine.

I think the issue is that with version 2.33 webkitgtk started building with
libsoup3 by default. Since the last version in guix was 2.32.1 this would
explain why this bump started causing issues. The package the libsoup guix
pulls in (version 2) no longer satisfies the requirement and we can't
build. Potential fixes are setting USE_SOUP2 or building with libsoup3
instead.