Subject: [bug#51554] [PATCH] gnu: libva: Update to 2.13.0

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 09:15:21 +0000

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> For the record, this entails lots of rebuilds, contrary to what one
> might think:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh -l -e '(force (@@ (gnu packages gl) libva-without-mesa))' 
> Building the following 1478 packages would ensure 2711 dependent packages are rebuilt: […]
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I suppose this could go to ‘core-updates’.

My bad, I completely missed this.  I initially wanted to upgrade libva
because the older version doesn't work on core-updates-frozen with
Wayland compositors, so I think it should ideally belong there if
possible to avoid having broken hardware acceleration for a while when
that branch is merged.  If it does indeed lead to too many rebuilds,
then maybe it could go onto core-updates-frozen-batched-changes, but
then that'd delay its merging again.  I'm not too sure between those,
but I think it should be one of them.

Best,
Josselin Poiret