Subject: Re: bug#51551: error during installation or by using gparted

From: Hofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 18:43:06 +0300

yes this is it.
But I can install Windows...

I should re-partition my disk

And this I did

But any longer the same error

Sorry

I never had this error

Regards

Udo

16:31, 1. November 2021, "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 11:25:17AM +0000, Hofer wrote:

Assertion (metadata_length > 0) at ../../../libparted/labels/dos.c:2352 in
function add_logical_part_metadata() failed.

This means that whatever tool created the partition on your disk didn't
leave enough space for the extended partition's metadata. There isn't
anything parted can do about that, and the only way to fix that is to
re-partition your disk.

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart

--
Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile