Subject: 28.0.50; allout cannot advance to next visible heading

From: Edmund Kademan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 12:26:57 -0400

When you:
  - are in allout mode and
  - are not truncating lines and
  - have your cursor on the heading of an entry that contains a line so
    long that it wraps around to the left margin and
  - try to run the command allout-next-visible-heading (C-c C-o C-a C-n)
the command never completes.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-09-23 built on ejk-XPS-13-9310
Repository revision: 636e082e451aacb881a94b6c5b3dafb15d7eaa3d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (fossa-bulbasaur X55)

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  allout-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  selectrum-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  selectrum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: allout-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/ejk/.emacs.d/elisp/json hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/json
/home/ejk/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211013.2148/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mailalias bbdb-com emacsbug view man gnutls network-stream
url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth finder-inf paradox paradox-menu
paradox-commit-list hydra lv cus-edit cus-start paradox-execute
paradox-github paradox-core spinner elfeed-link org-archive goto-addr
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc sort
gnus-cite smiley qp mm-archive mail-extr bbdb-mu4e cal-move net-utils
cl-print org-id tabify diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso org-indent
org-mobile org-agenda ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe
shortdoc mhtml-mode css-mode smie color js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired-aux
misearch multi-isearch magit-patch magit-subtree magit-gitignore
magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util bug-reference magit-extras magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip face-remap rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode
facemenu char-fold ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs em-unix em-term
term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-cmpl em-dirs esh-var em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode allout ielm
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup smart-mode-line-dark-theme
smart-mode-line rich-minority twilight-theme zetteldeft ace-window avy
deft eww xdg mm-url eshell-functions eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util org-crypt
ob-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp ob-scheme geiser ob-shell
ob-R org-protocol org-bullets org-mime ox-org org-capture org-refile
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element ess-site ess-toolbar
ess-jags-d ess-bugs-d ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a
ess-sp6-d ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings
ess-r-xref xref ess-trns ess-r-package ess-r-completion ess-roxy
ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess-inf
ess-tracebug ess ess-utils ess-custom project compile erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit elfeed-show elfeed-search
elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree
generator url-queue xml-query vc-git vc-dispatcher bookmark org-mu4e
mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-view gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs mu4e-main mu4e-headers mu4e-lists mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions smtpmail sendmail mu4e-search mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message shr kinsoku svg xml dom flow-fill mule-util hl-line
mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers ido mu4e-meta ejk-bbdb advice browse-kill-ring
delsel selectrum-prescient selectrum minibuf-eldef prescient ffap avoid
magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode
git-commit rx log-edit message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ansi-color magit-mode
transient cl-extra magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm dash
whitespace meters-forms forms forms-mode erc-goodies erc erc-backend
iso8601 time-date thingatpt pp format-spec erc-loaddefs reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars server paredit edmacro kmacro bbdb bbdb-site
timezone paren cus-load tex-site geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree
help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring easy-mmode info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 4319556 1116568)
 (symbols 48 59086 22)
 (strings 32 1685517 31387)
 (string-bytes 1 44177219)
 (vectors 16 310685)
 (vector-slots 8 3876703 209930)
 (floats 8 60589 2032)
 (intervals 56 405012 102833)
 (buffers 992 97))