Subject: [bug#51514] [PATCH 0/2] Add support for LUKS2 root partition

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 23:32:02 +0100

Hello!

I haven’t tested it, but the patches LGTM.  Nitpick:

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/guix.texi (Keyboard Layout, Networking, and Partitioning)[Disk
> Partitioning]: Document it.

[…]

> +@quotation Warning
> +Note that Grub can unlock LUKS2 devices since version 2.06, but only

s/Grub/GRUB/ :-)

> +supports the PBKDF2 key derivation function, which is not the default
> +for Cryptsetup on Guix.  You can check which key derivation function is
> +being used by a device by running @command{cryptsetup luksDump <dev>},

@var{device} rather than <dev>.

> +and looking for the PBKDF field of your keyslots.

Should we change “which is not the default for Cryptsetup on Guix” to
“but @command{cryptsetup luksFormat} does not use PBKDF2 by default”?

> +@end quotation
> +
> +Assuming you want to store the root partition on @file{/dev/sda2}, the
> +command sequence would be along these lines:
                   ^
+ “to format it as a LUKS2 partition”

Could you send an updated version of this patch?

Besides, do you think we should change the installer to create LUKS2
partitions now in (gnu installer parted)?

Thanks!

Ludo’.