Subject: Re: [bug#51512] [PATCH v 2]: gnu: Add bash-bcu.

From: david larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:44:07 +0100

> However, you make an excellent point, and this packages's intended
> usage means that it will clobber the caller's environment, not just
> its own.

Yep, it will. Previously I had the dependencies as propagated inputs but 
I think the current approach with putting them as inputs and creating a 
wrapper script is better.

> If I were to use this package (and I might—it's neat) I would almost
> certainly end up using it in a setting where changing PATH at all
> would cause unexpected and frustrating ‘bugs’.
> 
> Hmm…

Im not sure I follow here.. can you give an example? Maybe some info or 
warning can be added to the description?

Personally, I would be happy to see the current patch you provided 
committed to master, except I would just update to the very most recent 
commit again.

Thanks for reviewing this!

Best regards,
David