Subject: Re: bug#51498: onionshare build is broken

From: raid5atemyhomework <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 01:31:24 +0000

> > Can you test it again? I was able to build it just now with commit
> > c0c974ad96767a1e207fe2823cd5479605485415. I was also able to build it
> > with your provided commit above.
>
> Having diverging results suggests a nondeterministic build, which is bad, right? I'm running on a Guix System machine running directly on the metal.

On a Guix on top of a foreign distro, I got:

* good: `guix time-machine --commit=ebc274063716a3a9471f51abb526d693c06b9f63 -- build onionshare`
  * result: `/gnu/store/ynkjlqh9sjr72blfvvxrj86cgjpa270l-onionshare-2.3.2`

Looks like nondeterminism?

On the machine where the build is failing, this is the stanza where the tests start going wrong:

```
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_401_public_skips_ratelimit PASSED [  5%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_401_triggers_ratelimit PASSED   [ 10%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_405_page_returned_for_invalid_methods PASSED [ 15%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostart_and_autostop_timer_mismatch SKIPPED [ 21%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostart_timer SKIPPED         [ 26%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostart_timer_cancel PASSED   [ 31%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostart_timer_too_short SKIPPED [ 36%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostop_timer SKIPPED          [ 42%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_autostop_timer_too_short SKIPPED [ 47%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_clear_all_history_button PASSED [ 52%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_download PASSED                 [ 57%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_individual_files PASSED         [ 63%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_individual_files_without_autostop_sharing PASSED [ 68%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_large_download FAILED           [ 73%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_persistent_password FAILED      [ 78%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_public_mode FAILED              [ 84%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_remove_all_file_selection_button FAILED [ 89%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_unreadable_file FAILED          [ 94%]
tests/test_gui_share.py::TestShare::test_without_autostop_sharing FAILED [100%]
```

Build log github gist: https://gist.github.com/raid5atemyhomework/113e4860b359ab70637eedc032648d3b

Thanks
raid5atemyhomework