Subject: bug#51497: 29.0.50; (vc-print-log) broken over TRAMP

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:01:59 -0700

Hi. Thanks for replying. Notes inline

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm unable to reproduce this on the current trunk.
> I did see something similar a few weeks ago, but it went away after I
> said "make bootstrap" (so it's either a problem that shows up only
> sometimes or it's a genuine build thing).  Can you try "make bootstrap"
> to see whether that has any effect?

This is still a problem for me here:

  commit c3499b8ddc357544a58917bfd3846f88caf5d97c
  Author: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
  Date:   Fri Oct 29 22:07:27 2021 +0300

I've been building from scratch, which is the same, as "make bootstrap"
I imagine. This was my test in "git bisect"

  git clean -idx &&
  git reset --hard &&
  ./autogen.sh &&
  ./configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable &&
  make -j19 &&
  src/emacs -nw -Q /ssh:SERVER:FILE

I haven't done any debugging other than the bisection. Would you like me
to dig into it in some way?

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 30.10.2021 15:48, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> I did see something similar a few weeks ago, but it went away after I
>> said "make bootstrap" (so it's either a problem that shows up only
>> sometimes or it's a genuine build thing).
>
> I think it was bug#51112, which we fixed.

I'm at a later revision than any notes in that bug, so I would guess
this is different.

Thanks.