Subject: Re: [bug#51477] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add nsxiv.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 15:22:19 +0100

Hello,

Foo Chuan Wei <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/image-viewers.scm (nsxiv): New variable.

Thank you. Applied with the following changes:

> +         (add-after 'unpack 'fix-paths
> +           (lambda _
> +             ;; Xft.h #includes <ft2build.h> without ‘freetype2/’. The Makefile
> +             ;; works around this by hard-coding /usr/include & $PREFIX.
> +             (substitute* "Makefile"
> +               (("-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I\\$\\(PREFIX\\)/include/freetype2")
> +                (string-append "-I" (assoc-ref %build-inputs "freetype")
> +                               "/include/freetype2")))))

I used the code below instead:

  (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
    (let ((freetype (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "freetype")
                                   "/include/freetype2")))
      (substitute* "Makefile"
        (("-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I\\$\\(PREFIX\\)/include/freetype2")
         (string-append "-I" freetype)))))

> +    (description
> +     "nsxiv is a fork of sxiv. Its primary goal is to provide the most basic
> +features required for fast image viewing. It has vi key bindings and works
> +nicely with tiling window managers. Its code base should be kept small and
> +clean to make it easy for you to dig into it and customize it for
> your needs.")

I added two spaces at the end of sentences, per Texinfo syntax.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou