Subject: Re: bug#51475: read-char-choice should hide the cursor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 13:38:59 +0200

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

> Indeed, that's yet another solution:
>
> (minibuffer-with-setup-hook
>     (lambda () (setq-local cursor-type nil))
>   (read-char-choice " a - good\n b - bad\n c - ugly" '(?a ?b ?c)))
>
> But that doesn't work if read-char-choice-use-read-key is non-nil.
> And given that cursor-in-echo-area is explicitly bound in
> read-char-choice-use-read-key, there's I think no similar trick that
> could be used to make that case work.

That's true -- people who want to hide the cursor has to set/bind
read-char-choice-use-read-key to nil.  But I think that's OK.

I think that, upon reflection, that there's nothing here that needs to
be fixed.  So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no