Subject: bug#5146: Malayalam conjuncts are not formed inside 'call editor' buffer of po-mode

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 20:44:37 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Praveen A <[email-masked]> writes:

> 2009/12/8 Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>:
> > Ah! Ummm, how about this instead.
> >
> > (add-hook 'po-subedit-mode-hook 'auto-composition-mode)

> It is working now. 

That's good.  But it is better to use this code instead:

(add-hook 'po-subedit-mode-hook '(lambda () (auto-composition-mode 1)))

because when the bug#4887:
  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4887
is fixed, the first code may turns off auto-composition-mode.

> It feels really great to see your quick response to every
> issue we report. Thanks for your amazing work.

I too appreciate your cooperation to find the cause of the
rendering bug.

But, it seems that we reach a dead end (as for the case of
"meera" font) at the moment unless we find what is different
in your environment and mine, what is going on in your
Emacs' redisplay code.  I'll consider what I should ask you
to do to find them.

By the way, what input method are you using in the session
video you captured?

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]