Subject: [bug#51440] [PATCH v2 00/10] Declarative static networking interface

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 23:30:34 +0100

Hi!

Changes since v1:

  • ‘herd stop networking’ fixed, as reported by David Aaron
    Fendley.

  • Guile-Netlink cross-compilation simplified thanks to changes
    in Guile-Netlink 1.1.

  • ‘provision’ field of <static-networking> defaults to
    '(networking), as suggested by Julien.

  • “network-tear-down” script wraps calls in ‘false-if-netlink-error’
    to go as far as possible.

  • Documentation fixed as suggested by Julien.

Thoughts?  Test reports?  :-)

Note: It requires Guile-Netlink 1.1 as added in
46432cceebe392a1744980f370a48ef73afbac2c (it fixes another issue
David reported earlier.)

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (10):
  tests: Add 'static-networking' test.
  tests: openvswitch: Check whether ovs0 is up.
  doc: Add new "Networking Setup" node for the main setup options.
  gnu: guile-netlink: Allow cross-compilation.
  services: static-networking: Use Guile-Netlink on GNU/Linux.
  services: secret-service: Turn into a Shepherd service.
  services: static-networking: Change interface to mimic netlink.
  services: Define '%qemu-static-networking'.
  services: Define '%loopback-static-networking'.
  tests: Replace uses of deprecated 'static-networking-service'.

 doc/guix.texi                   | 504 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 gnu/build/hurd-boot.scm         |  10 +-
 gnu/build/secret-service.scm    |  17 +-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm      |   3 +-
 gnu/services/base.scm           | 406 +++++++++++++++++++------
 gnu/services/virtualization.scm |  45 ++-
 gnu/system/hurd.scm             |  12 +-
 gnu/system/install.scm          |   5 +-
 gnu/tests/ganeti.scm            |   7 +-
 gnu/tests/networking.scm        | 141 ++++++++-
 10 files changed, 855 insertions(+), 295 deletions(-)

base-commit: 21332f3b8cb8f407a89cdfe7d0460a9947675872
-- 
2.33.0