Subject: [bug#51440] [PATCH 00/10] Declarative static networking interface

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 23:26:30 +0100

Hi!

Le dimanche 12 décembre 2021 à 23:00 +0100, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
> In your initial testing, you did not reboot, right?

I always reboot after every reconfiguration, because I can, and usually
when I wildly change the networking configuration like that the
networking service fails to upgrade, and with it everything else, so I
can’t do anything with the machine before rebooting it.

However, as I was trying a NetworkManager-based solution today, I
noticed that the configuration persists after a reboot: NetworkManager
tried to replicate what was there before. So I would not be surprised
if other pieces of networking configuration could survive a reboot.

> > Anyway, I consider that problem solved for me.
> 
> \o/
> 
> > Now I switch back to the DHCP configuration, otherwise the SMTP
> server
> > won’t start and I can’t send this email…
> 
> Heh.  :-)