Subject: [bug#51440] [PATCH 00/10] Declarative static networking interface

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 23:00:15 +0100

Hi,

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I switch my DHCP server configuration to "stateful only", and now I
> only have the static lease on the DHCP client configuration.
>
> Let’s go back to the static networking configuration.
>
> And now, the parasitic IP address is gone.

In your initial testing, you did not reboot, right?

The ‘stop’ method of the ‘networking’ Shepherd service created by
‘static-networking-service-type’ only deletes addresses and routes that
it (supposedly) created itself.  Thus, if there are stale addresses
created previously, they’ll stick around.  It could be what happened
here.

[...]

> Anyway, I consider that problem solved for me.

\o/

> Now I switch back to the DHCP configuration, otherwise the SMTP server
> won’t start and I can’t send this email…

Heh.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.