Subject: [bug#51432] [PATCH 4/4] gnu: Add flask-combo-jsonapi

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 14:46:59 +0100

David,

> Version 2 of this patch, fixing the synopsis according to coding
> standards max 80 chars.

Thanks!  Be sure to run ‘guix lint’ on each package as well.

> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://github.com/AdCombo/flask-combo-jsonapi/archive/"
> +             version ".tar.gz"))

GitHub /archive/ have proven unstable in the past: they can be 
regenerated at GitHub's discretion and no longer match our hash.

I replaced url-fetch with git-fetch.

> +    (native-inputs `(("python-coverage" ,python-coverage)

This alignment is at least inconsistent with propagated-inputs 
above.  Furthermore I simply dislike it, so I changed it :-)

> +    (native-inputs
> +     `(("python-coverage" ,python-coverage)

I shortened the description a smidge and rewrote the following 
sentence fragment:

> +    (description
> +     "Flask extension to create REST web api according to 
> JSON:API 1.0
> +specification with Flask, Marshmallow and data provider of your
> +choice (SQLAlchemy, MongoDB, ...)")

as:

+    (description
+     "Flask-COMBO-JSONAPI is a Python Flask extension for 
building REST Web APIs
+compliant with the @uref{https://jsonapi.org, JSON:API 1.0} 
specification.
+
+It tries to combine the power of Flask-Restless with the 
flexibility of
+Flask-RESTful to quickly build APIs that fit the complexity of 
existing
+real-life projects with legacy data and diverse storage 
providers.")

I deliberately removed the reference to MongoDB because it's not 
of any particular significance and non-free.  I also removed 
several more gratuitous references in Guix proper.

Kind regards,

T G-R