Subject: [bug#51428] core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 11:52:32 -0300

Hello Maxim,

Em quarta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2021, às 01:04:01 -03, Maxim Cournoyer escreveu:
> Hello,
> 
> I've experimented quite a bit with core-updates-frozen-batched-changes
> in the last weeks, and it seems to be in a decent shape, good enough to
> merge into core-updates-frozen, I think.

Nice! Thank you very much for this work!

> I'd like to merge it into core-updates-frozen by the beginning of
> November, unless there are problems you can spot :-).

I wouldn’t say it’s a problem but it’s an additional significant change to be aware of:

polkit is updated to depend on mozjs-78, which depends on Rust which only builds on 
x86_64. The practical consequence is that polkit and all its dependents (which include 
GTK+ and some Qt libraries) become x86_64-only packages. I’m not saying it’s a problem, 
but it’s a big change and I thought it would beuseful to mention it.

I discovered this yesterday night when playing a bit with the core-updates-frozen-
batched-changes branch on ppc64le.

This may be a temporary limitation, because there are two pull requests for polkit 
replacing mozjs with duktape:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/35[1]
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/97[2]

-- 
Thanks,
Thiago

--------
[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/35
[2] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/97