Subject: core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 00:04:01 -0400

Hello,

I've experimented quite a bit with core-updates-frozen-batched-changes
in the last weeks, and it seems to be in a decent shape, good enough to
merge into core-updates-frozen, I think.

I'd like to bring attention to some non-trivial changes that I included
in the branch:

1. merging of the staging branch -- quite a few conflicts had to be
resolved.

2. Replacement of [email-masked] by [email-masked], which required solving
some dependency cycles.

3. Fix for https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50957 via a new search path
specification on gdk-pixbuf and accompanying build phase and profile
hook.

I'll send the corresponding patches for review, which can also be
consulted directly on the core-updates-frozen-batched-changes branch,
which I've manually built on Berlin for things such as Rust and
ungoogled-chromium.

I'd like to merge it into core-updates-frozen by the beginning of
November, unless there are problems you can spot :-).

Thank you,

Maxim