Subject: bug#51428: closed (Re: [bug#51428] core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 05:31:03 +0000

Your bug report

#51428: core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51428: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51428
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#51428] core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:29:54 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Thiago,

Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> Em sexta-feira, 5 de novembro de 2021, às 02:06:04 -03, Maxim Cournoyer 
> escreveu:
>> It's curious that it would occur though, because I thought that when
>> gdk-pixbuf was found with `manifest-lookup-package', it meant it'd also
>> be part of the manifest inputs?  Apparently it isn't the case.  Weird!
>
> I’m glad you found out what the problem was. I didn’t know where to start 
> investigating it!
>
>> Thanks for the report!
>
> Thank you for looking into it. Should I open a bug report about it?

No, the commit 20e3dd052d7e4f59273e3646d3533d43c87c30b0 contains a
workaround guarding against such situation.

Thanks :-).

Subject: core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: guix-patches <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 00:04:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I've experimented quite a bit with core-updates-frozen-batched-changes
in the last weeks, and it seems to be in a decent shape, good enough to
merge into core-updates-frozen, I think.

I'd like to bring attention to some non-trivial changes that I included
in the branch:

1. merging of the staging branch -- quite a few conflicts had to be
resolved.

2. Replacement of [email-masked] by [email-masked], which required solving
some dependency cycles.

3. Fix for https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50957 via a new search path
specification on gdk-pixbuf and accompanying build phase and profile
hook.

I'll send the corresponding patches for review, which can also be
consulted directly on the core-updates-frozen-batched-changes branch,
which I've manually built on Berlin for things such as Rust and
ungoogled-chromium.

I'd like to merge it into core-updates-frozen by the beginning of
November, unless there are problems you can spot :-).

Thank you,

Maxim