Subject: Re: [bug#51428] core-updates-frozen-batched-changes built and ready to merge

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 11:24:34 +0100

Hi Maxim,

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 at 06:06, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to merge it into core-updates-frozen by the beginning of
> November, unless there are problems you can spot :-).

For testing, I run "guix time-machine --branch=core-updates-frozen --
build -m my-manifest.scm" but I hit this error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 perl-5.34.0  14.0MiB                  19KiB/s 05:12 [#######           ]  41.5%
guix substitute: erreur : Erreur TLS dans la proc?dure
??read_from_session_record_port?? : Erreur de d?codage du paquet TLS
re?u.
|In ./guix/monads.scm:
    471:9 19 (_ _)

[...]

/guix/store.scm:1417:15: ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
`/gnu/store/76j9dhf2l01jz9ijsn50xh44hf548b2i-subversion-1.14.1.drv'
failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to
build derivation from source "
      status: 1
guix time-machine: erreur : You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/qs8487rmfx0cvadi60y6dy96b1kksnc0-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"95d5090d9c9df7759ab053a896fb4cfa2037c77b"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "af5742c05b1ea1aac8fb0707e265964006cd197a"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, I do not know where does it come from.

Aside, if the merge is done e.g., next week, do we also plan a new
release (1.4) for end of November?

Cheers,
simon