Subject: Re: bug#51423: Guix intall bug

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:45:01 +0200

Hello illya!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 05:53:58PM +0000, illya via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
> /gnu/store/7gc19xrhmqkg9bgdilyi86y6d8wf9ad3-grub-2.04/sbin/grub-install:
> warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed in
> this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE
> and their use is discouraged...

This means the partition layout is wrong, or you did not use an
auto-generated Guix config file but used a custom Guix config file
with wrong bootloader settings (such as installing to a device
/dev/sda instead of a partition /dev/sda1).

Assuming the partition layout is wrong: Did you use Automatic
Partitioning or Manual Partitioning in the installer?  If you used
Automatic Partitioning, and you are using a current Guix image
(version 1.3.0), then the installer messed up.  I had hoped it were
fixed since <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47889>.

Regards,
Florian