Subject: Re: bug#51413: [PATCH 00/45] Stackage update to 18.14

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:19:40 +0200

Hi!

Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> this is another episode in the never-ending quest to keep Haskell packages
> updated. This series only updates packages on Stackage by running
>
> 	guix refresh -u -t stackage 2>&1 | tee upgrades.log
>
> and adjusting dependency changes by hand

Adjusting them by hand following recommendations printed by ‘guix
refresh’?

We should get ‘guix refresh’ to apply input changes directly.

> and then running etc/committer.scm to create the commits
> themselves. It looks like `guix refresh` swallows exceptions and
> there’s a bug somewhere in the Stackage updater, so this process needs
> to be repeated until there are no more updates.

Uh, would be nice to investigate.

> There is a branch wip-stackage-18.14, which has been run through the CI
> successfully: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/wip-stackage-18.14

If CI doesn’t report a greater number of build failures compared to the
base commit, I’d say you can go ahead and merge.

Thank you for this herculean effort!

Ludo’.