Subject: [bug#51413] [PATCH 00/45] Stackage update to 18.14

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:02:56 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> Adjusting them by hand following recommendations printed by ‘guix
> refresh’?
yes, that is (mostly) correct. There are some errors like suggestions
to remove native libraries or hspec that should be ignored though.

> > and then running etc/committer.scm to create the commits
> > themselves. It looks like `guix refresh` swallows exceptions and
> > there’s a bug somewhere in the Stackage updater, so this process needs
> > to be repeated until there are no more updates.
> Uh, would be nice to investigate.
Will do when I have the time.

> If CI doesn’t report a greater number of build failures compared to the
> base commit, I’d say you can go ahead and merge.
The numbers are not comparable, because master builds more
architectures. But the failures I see are either not new or not related
to Haskell upgrades (on x86_64). I’ll rebase and merge in the coming
days. Thanks!

Cheers,
Lars