Subject: bug#51399: [PATCH] Get find-defs-defvar-el to pass

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:01:03 -0400

>From 52b47615b40d92d64d878b2053c49e9c702f2413 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: dickmao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:54:48 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] EMBA's raison d'etre is warming the planet epsilon degrees

... since even if it found a problem, no one's watching it.

* test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el (find-defs-defvar-el):
Fix a test for a variable removed in 65b34f6.
* test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml:
Run `make check` so I don't have to.
---
 test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml                | 23 ++++-------------------
 test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el |  6 +++---
 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

diff --git a/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml b/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
index 57f90b15ef..de92bb2077 100644
--- a/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
+++ b/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
@@ -150,9 +150,9 @@ default:
     - docker push ${CI_REGISTRY_IMAGE}:${target}-${BUILD_TAG}
 
 .test-template:
-  # Do not run fast and normal test jobs when scheduled.
+  # Do not run normal test jobs when scheduled.
   rules:
-    - if: '$CI_JOB_STAGE =~ "fast|normal" && $CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "schedule"'
+    - if: '$CI_JOB_STAGE =~ "normal" && $CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "schedule"'
       when: never
     - when: always
   artifacts:
@@ -211,7 +211,6 @@ default:
 
 stages:
   - build-images
-#  - fast
   - normal
   - platform-images
   - platforms
@@ -225,26 +224,12 @@ build-image-inotify:
   variables:
     target: emacs-inotify
 
-# test-fast-inotify:
-#   stage: fast
-#   extends: [.job-template, .test-template]
-#   variables:
-#     target: emacs-inotify
-#     make_params: "-C test check"
-
-test-lisp-inotify:
-  stage: normal
-  extends: [.job-template, .test-template]
-  variables:
-    target: emacs-inotify
-    make_params: "-C test check-lisp"
-
-test-lisp-net-inotify:
+test-inotify:
   stage: normal
   extends: [.job-template, .test-template]
   variables:
     target: emacs-inotify
-    make_params: "-C test check-lisp-net"
+    make_params: "-C test check"
 
 build-image-filenotify-gio:
   stage: platform-images
diff --git a/test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el b/test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el
index 8a3669c427..7d17f6a167 100644
--- a/test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/progmodes/elisp-mode-tests.el
@@ -782,11 +782,11 @@ find-defs-minor-defvar-c
    ))
 
 (xref-elisp-deftest find-defs-defvar-el
-  (elisp--xref-find-definitions 'xref--marker-ring)
+  (elisp--xref-find-definitions 'xref-marker-ring-length)
   (list
-   (xref-make "(defvar xref--marker-ring)"
+   (xref-make "(defvar xref-marker-ring-length)"
 	      (xref-make-elisp-location
-	       'xref--marker-ring 'defvar
+	       'xref-marker-ring-length 'defvar
 	       (expand-file-name "../../../lisp/progmodes/xref.el" emacs-test-dir)))
     ))
 
-- 
2.26.2

In Commercial Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2021-10-15 built on dick
Repository revision: e5b26051d1d573a1daa3331f3637c905290f204b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/dick/.local --enable-dumping-overwrite'
Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  pyvenv-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dick/gomacro-mode/gomacro-mode hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/gomacro-mode-20200326.1103/gomacro-mode
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/hydra-20170924.2259/lv hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/lv-20191106.1238/lv
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-3.3.0/magit-section-pkg hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-3.3.0/magit-section-pkg
/home/dick/org-gcal.el/org-gcal hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/org-gcal-0.3/org-gcal
/home/dick/.emacs.d/lisp/json hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/json
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.6/transient hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/hierarchy-20171221.1151/hierarchy hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy

Features:
(shadow emacsbug nndoc debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client rng-xsd xsd-regexp
cus-dep autoload cus-theme flyspell ispell image-file image-converter cc-langs
supercite regi scheme mode-local goto-addr define-word rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
gnus-html pulse whitespace canlock bbdb-message sendmail footnote cus-start
debug backtrace tabify make-mode autoconf autoconf-mode mule-util sh-script
executable elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io
esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django
elpy-refactor js flow-fill completion vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-cvs vc-rcs ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay ffap face-remap rect ag vc-svn
find-dired dumb-jump vc shr-color sort smiley qp gnus-async gnus-ml gravatar
dns mail-extr gnus-notifications gnus-fun notifications gnus-kill gnus-dup
disp-table utf-7 mm-archive url-cache nnrss nnfolder nndiscourse benchmark
rbenv nnhackernews nntwitter nntwitter-api bbdb-gnus gnus-demon nntp nnmairix
nnml nnreddit gnus-topic url-http url-auth url-gw network-stream gnutls nsm
virtualenvwrapper gud json-rpc python tramp-sh gnus-score score-mode
gnus-bcklg gnus-srvr gnus-cite bbdb-mua bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone
gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-cache gnus-agent gnus-msg nndraft nnmh use-package
use-package-delight use-package-diminish shortdoc cl-print magit-bundle
magit-extras magit-gitignore magit-subtree magit-patch-changelog magit-patch
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup async-bytecomp async magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files
magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
server magit-mode transient help-fns radix-tree bug-reference ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group mm-url gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired-x dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache zeroconf dbus tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher rustic-lsp rustic-playpen rustic-rustfix rustic-racer f s
rustic-babel rustic-rustfmt org-element avl-tree org-tempo tempo org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-R ob-emacs-lisp ob-ein ein-cell ein-output-area shr kinsoku
puny svg dom xml ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-query ein-events ein-websocket
websocket bindat ein-node ewoc ein-log ein-classes ein-core request mailheader
anaphora ein ein-utils deferred cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys oc
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs rustic-popup rustic-cargo rustic-compile spinner cl xterm-color
markdown-mode edit-indirect rustic-interaction rustic rust-utils rust-mode
paredit-ext paredit subed subed-vtt subed-srt subed-common subed-mpv
subed-debug subed-config inf-ruby ruby-mode smie company pcase
haskell-interactive-mode haskell-presentation-mode haskell-process
haskell-session haskell-compile haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports
haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support noutline outline flymake-proc flymake warnings etags
fileloop generator xref project dabbrev haskell-customize hydra lv
use-package-ensure solarized-theme solarized-definitions projectile lisp-mnt
mail-parse rfc2231 ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
dash rx grep compile comint ansi-color gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
text-property-search time-date flx-ido flx google-translate-default-ui
google-translate-core-ui facemenu color ido google-translate-core
google-translate-tk google-translate-backend use-package-bind-key bind-key
auto-complete easy-mmode advice popup cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms emms-compat cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core derived hl-line winner ring edmacro kmacro finder-inf
json-reformat-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads sml-mode-autoloads
tornado-template-mode-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 4096356 483597)
 (symbols 48 64776 81)
 (strings 32 607171 101055)
 (string-bytes 1 23360509)
 (vectors 16 185653)
 (vector-slots 8 4595996 502179)
 (floats 8 5186 7093)
 (intervals 56 271064 5438)
 (buffers 992 130))