Subject: bug#51398: closed (Re: bug#51398: 29.0.50; Rcirc displaying wrong order on messages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#51398: 29.0.50; Rcirc displaying wrong order on messages

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51398: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51398
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#51398: 29.0.50; Rcirc displaying wrong order on messages
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: Benjamín Buccianti <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:02:21 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Benjamín Buccianti <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>
>> Can you still confirm that this issue exists?  Emacs 28 orders messages
>> using the IRCv3 "server-time" extension[0].  I cannot say if this is an
>> issue with the ordering or just the metadata the messages were sent
>> with.  A `rcirc-when' command was also added a while back that prints
>> the message time in greater detail.  Perhaps that could help you analyse
>> the situation.
>>
>> [0] https://ircv3.net/specs/extensions/server-time
>
> Sorry! I forgot to update this bug. Later I found that the issue was
> with server time getting behind of my pc time.

No problem, sorry for taking so long to address the issue.

> Can you close this?

Sure.

> Thanks!

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic

Subject: 29.0.50; Rcirc displaying wrong order on messages
From: Benjamín Buccianti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 17:41:24 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On messages with the same hour and minutes, it shows recent ones 
previous to older ones, when it should be the opposite.   Example: 
17:37 <technomancy> everyone should be taught applescript in 
school
17:37 <technomancy> so that we can be sure not to repeat the 
terrible mistakes of history
17:37 *** roto JOIN
17:37 *** TOPIC Current stable is 27.2 | "If that's Emacs, I love it. If not, I cannot wait to unpack that with ya." -- Ted Lasso | EmacsConf 2021 CFP now open!

Those technomancy messages wasn't there when I entered #emacs on libera,
also take a look at how my JOIN show after, it doesn't makes sense.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-10-18 built on ryzen
Repository revision: 7d12c06725d733f1ea223f5fe55d506c71e44370
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: void

Configured using:
 'configure --with-sound=no --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-tiff --with-xft --with-harfbuzz
 --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt --without-imagemagick --without-lcms2
 --with-xml2 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gnutls=ifavailable
 --with-ns=no --with-xwidgets=no --without-compress-install
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk --with-mailutils --without-pop
 --with-native-compilation 'CFLAGS=-O2 -mtune=native -march=native -pipe
 -falign-functions=64 -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -funit-at-a-time
 -fweb -fforce-addr -fpeel-loops -funswitch-loops -frename-registers
 -mfpmath=sse -ffast-math -fno-finite-math-only -fstack-check''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: rcirc

Minor modes in effect:
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  rcirc-omit-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  straight-live-modifications-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bex/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message bbdb bbdb-site timezone mail-extr emacsbug
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
mule-util disp-table gnutls network-stream puny nsm rmc rcirc parse-time
iso8601 auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
map time-date ring bbdb-autoloads paredit whitespace corfu
rainbow-delimiters savehist hl-line nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads
kv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
transient-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads fennel-mode-autoloads
monroe-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads
popup-autoloads expand-region-autoloads paredit-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads prettier-autoloads nvm-autoloads f-autoloads
dash-autoloads s-autoloads iter2-autoloads rjsx-mode-autoloads
js2-mode-autoloads format-all-autoloads language-id-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
devdocs-browser-autoloads popper popper-autoloads affe-autoloads
consult-autoloads corfu-autoloads vertico vertico-autoloads marginalia
marginalia-autoloads orderless orderless-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads finder-inf edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads windmove modus-vivendi-theme
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes modus-themes-autoloads
use-package-core use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads comp comp-cstr
warnings rx straight-autoloads cl-seq info cl-extra help-mode seq
byte-opt straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 266493 111180)
 (symbols 48 15591 9)
 (strings 32 45292 24396)
 (string-bytes 1 2149735)
 (vectors 16 23734)
 (vector-slots 8 463414 184148)
 (floats 8 154 391)
 (intervals 56 1244 1346)
 (buffers 992 21))