Subject: Re: bug#51386: 29.0.50; fido-vertical-mode: ssh host completion

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 11:08:01 +0200

On 27/10/21 11:05, Michael Albinus wrote:
> If I do instead
> 
> emacs -Q -l tramp --eval "(setq completion-styles '(basic flex))" -f fido-vertical-mode
> 
> it doesn't work. Debugging of fido-vertical-mode is needed, I suppose.

Hi Michael,

as I wrote before, I think it's because fido-vertical-mode uses 
icomplete--fido-mode-setup, which locally sets completion-styles:

(defun icomplete--fido-mode-setup ()
   "Setup `fido-mode''s minibuffer."
   (when (and icomplete-mode (icomplete-simple-completing-p))
     (use-local-map (make-composed-keymap icomplete-fido-mode-map
                                          (current-local-map)))
     (setq-local icomplete-tidy-shadowed-file-names t
                 icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input t
                 icomplete-hide-common-prefix nil
                 icomplete-scroll (not (null icomplete-vertical-mode))
                 completion-styles '(flex)
                 completion-flex-nospace nil
                 completion-category-defaults nil
                 completion-ignore-case t
                 read-buffer-completion-ignore-case t
                 read-file-name-completion-ignore-case t)))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu