Subject: bug#51384: 28.0.60; substitute-command-keys finds global binding for undo instead of in specified keymap

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:17:46 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:03:53 -0400, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> said:
    Stefan> This looks eerily similar to the code I removed here:

    Stefan>     commit ac0027f6a5480bd4739fdf71413a19012f400483
    Stefan>     Author: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
    Stefan>     Date:   Mon Jul 11 17:21:23 2022 +0200

    Stefan>         Remove dead branch from substitute-command-keys

    Stefan>         * lisp/help.el (substitute-command-keys): Remove dead branch;
    Stefan>         where-is-internal will follow any remaps for us.  Note also that the
    Stefan>         test case for remapping still pass.

Similar, but not the same. That dead branch followed remaps, this code
redoes the lookup in the global map.

    Stefan> Do we have a test case that reverting that commit would fix?

No, and I donʼt see why youʼd want to revert it, it seems correct to
me.

    Stefan> (I can't see Lars' message yet, so the delays with the gnu.org mail
    Stefan> systems seem to be ongoing...)

Itʼs not jut gnu.org for me, but maybe thatʼs a local issue.

Anyway, Iʼve pushed the fix as cee9a2cbe0

Robert
--