Subject: Re: bug#51372: 27.2; Mouse face not cleared in some cases

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:19:13 +0300

> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 19:21:05 +0800
> From:  Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Increase the font size to something very large, like:
> 
>   ftcrhb:-ADBO-Source Code Pro-normal-normal-normal-*-167-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x3BD).
> 
> Then enter Info, find a hyperlink, resize the frame so that the
> hyperlink is wrapped.  Occasionally, the mouse face will not be cleared
> entirely, as in the attached screenshot.

I don't understand what situation needs to be created to see the
problem.  The screenshot shows just a handful of characters, and a
single incomplete screen line, so I cannot figure out what follows it
nor what kind of "hyperlink" is that.  I also don't understand what
should have caused the mouse face to be cleared (but didn't, according
to your report).

So please provide a more detailed recipe.

Thanks.