Subject: bug#5136: Request to update vhdl-mode and verilog-mode

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 23:56:25 -0800 (PST)

Chitlesh GOORAH <[email-masked]> writes:

  > Hello there,
  > 
  > The following modes bundled in emacs-23.1-13.fc12.i686 are very old
  > compared to the lastest upstream releases.
  > 
  > vhdl-mode
  > http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/emacs/vhdl-mode.html

Reto can you please send a patch + ChangeLog for the changes?

  > verilog-mode
  > http://www.verilog.com/verilog-mode.html

I've asked the authors for updates, they will be installed as soon as we
get them.

  > I would like to request these to be updated within emacs sources so
  > that linux distributions don't have to package them separately. This
  > request is related to the work done behind Fedora Electronic Lab to
  > give people a complete FOSS platform for micro-nanoelectronic design
  > engineering, thus making emacs one of the core tools for mixed-signal
  > hardware design, coupled with other emacs mode not included in the
  > emacs sources.

Why isn't that mode included?  What mode is it?