Subject: bug#5136: Request to update vhdl-mode and verilog-mode

From: Reto Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:37:46 +0100

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> Similarly, for vhdl-mode (included within emacs sources), weirdly does
> not support ghdl or freehdl out of the box, but only proprietary
> simulators. Can your vhdl-mode maintainer for emacs can fix it and put
> ghdl as default simulator please ?

Please send me the required information and I will include them.

  Compiler name    : name used in option `vhdl-compiler' to choose compiler
  Compile command  : command used for source file compilation
  Compile options  : compile options (\"\\1\" inserts library name)
  Library command  : command to create library directory \(\"\\1\" inserts
                     library directory, \"\\2\" inserts library name)
  Library directory: directory of default library
Error message:
  Regexp           : regular expression to match error messages (*)
  File subexp index: index of subexpression that matches the file name
  Line subexp index: index of subexpression that matches the line number
  Column subexp idx: index of subexpression that matches the column number
File message:
  Regexp           : regular expression to match a file name message
  File subexp index: index of subexpression that matches the file name
Unit-to-file name mapping: mapping of library unit names to names of files
                     generated by the compiler (used for Makefile generation)
  To string        : string a name is mapped to (\"\\1\" inserts the unit name,
                     \"\\2\" inserts the entity name for architectures)
  Case adjustment  : adjust case of inserted unit names

Reto