Subject: bug#5135: closed (Re: [gnu.org #565169] Deniz Dogan EMACS Assignment)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#5135: [PATCH] rcirc: Option to sort NAMES listing

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5135: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5135
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [gnu.org #565169] Deniz Dogan EMACS Assignment
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:28:18 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Chong, here is the patch: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5135

Installed, thanks,

        Stefan

Subject: [PATCH] Option to sort NAMES listing
From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:16:00 +0100

Package: emacs,rcirc
Tags: patch
Version: 22.1
Severity: wishlist

This patch adds the user option to sort nickname listings in the way
that many other IRC clients sort them.

Details:
* Added rcirc-nickname<, a function which acts like string< but for
IRC nicknames, making @ less than + and comparing case-insensitively.
* Added rcirc-sort-nicknames-join, a function which takes a string of
IRC nicknames and a separator, sorts the nicknames and returns the
result.
* Added rcirc-sort-nicknames, a customizable variable which when
non-nil will make rcirc sort any NAMES responses. nil by default.
* Changed rcirc-handler-366 (RPL_ENDOFNAMES) to respect rcirc-sort-nicknames.

Notes:
Sorting of half-ops has not been tested, since this is a rarely used
feature of IRC. For what it's worth, half-op nicknames are prefixed
with %. Sorting of voiced users (+) works as intended by default, so
the only special case is @ < +. If someone implements support for
half-ops it should be @ < % < + < *.

-- 
Deniz Dogan