Subject: [bug#51346] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: system: Add support for swap dependencies and flags

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:58:56 +0200

Oh no,

he's back.  With another annoying question: why don't we drop the 
whole swap-partition/swap-file dichotomy?  The distinction is 
artificial insofar as Linux doesn't make one.

Which end is supposed to explode if you

  (swap-partition (device "/home/nckx/swap"))
  (swap-file (name "/dev/sda2"))

?

What real-world drawback(s) do you see to

  (swap (space "/home/nckx/swap"))
  (swap (space "/dev/sda2"))
  (swap (space (uuid "ab-c-d-e-fgh")))
  (swap (space (file-system-label "best-swaps")))

naming aside?

Josselin Poiret via Guix-patches via 写道：
> +(define (swap-partition->service-name spartition)

Nitpick: ->shepherd-service-name just for similarity to 
<file-system>s.

Aside, when I try to apply your third manual example, I get:

  guix system: error: service 'swap-/dev/sda2' requires
  'file-system-/', which is not provided by any service

Kind regards,

T G-R