Subject: Subject: 27.2; mouse-buffer-menu-mode-groups

From: Peter Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:27:56 +0000

Im programming FPGAs so i open a lot of vhd files and verilog files.
when i control mouse-click-left the opened files are grouped by their
major mode.

that is to say the *.vhd files are grouped with a Heading "VHDL/s". While
the verilog files are grouped as "Version Control". Clearly this is not
correct. If i switch to a verilog file and do C-h major-mode Ret the
major mode is listed as verilog.

I've tried to update the mouse-buffer-menu-mode-groups to this

Value:
(("Info\\|Help\\|Apropos\\|Man" . "Help")
("\\bVM\\b\\|\\bMH\\b\\|Message\\b\\|Mail\\|Group\\|Score\\|Summary\\|Article" . "Mail/News")
("\\<C\\>" . "C")
("ObjC" . "C")
("Text" . "Text")
("Outline" . "Text")
("Ve.*\\|ve.*" . "Verilog")
("\\(HT\\|SG\\|X\\|XHT\\)ML" . "SGML")
("log\\|diff\\|vc\\|cvs\\|Git\\|Annotate" . "Version Control")
("Threads\\|Memory\\|Disassembly\\|Breakpoints\\|Frames\\|Locals\\|Registers\\|Inferior I/O\\|Debugger" . "GDB")
("Lisp" . "Lisp"))

But it doesn't have any effect on the grouping .

I would also like to point out that I'm a relative nubie when it comes
to emacs so I'm probably missing something.

Many thanks
/Peter Scott

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2021-03-26 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: deef5efafb70f4b171265b896505b92b6eef24e6
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.1903.18362.1256)

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
End of buffer [6 times]
Beginning of buffer
Auto-saving...
Mark set [9 times]
End of buffer
Mark set
<C-mouse-1> is undefined
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Verilog

Minor modes in effect:
  vhdl-stutter-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(verilog-mode diff cl-print mouse-copy mouse-drag thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date subr-x vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode cl-loaddefs
cl-lib vhdl-mode hippie-exp easymenu compile comint ansi-color ring
server delsel cua-base cus-start cus-load tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 118701 24699)
(symbols 48 12235 1)
(strings 32 37627 2363)
(string-bytes 1 1101125)
(vectors 16 16566)
(vector-slots 8 209055 14442)
(floats 8 51 291)
(intervals 56 1603 0)
(buffers 1000 22))