Subject: bug#51336: 29.0.50; Application not responding

From: Kirill A. Korinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 14:19:50 +0100

On Sat, 20 Jan 2024 10:23:58 +0100,
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > I'm using doom emacs with some minor tracking and it requires some time (~2
> > seconds) to load everything with enabled native compilation.
> > 
> > If resize the window on that moment, after load it doesn't react on keyboar.
> > So, I may move mouse pointer and UI reacts to it, but no key binding.
> 
> Alan, any ideas or suggestions?

If it helps, I found some corelation with system overload which is cause by
kernel_task I assume.

When I run something heavy on this machine, the kernek_task starts increase
number of processes and consume some CPU[1], which leads to irresponsible
system.

Unfortently it "degradates" and after I stop doing so, the system still less
responsible than it was before that throtling.

After a number of that cycle when it degradate enough, I able to reporduce the
issue with "no key binding" often enough.

But after reboot this issue almost dissapear, and to reprodice it I need to
restart emacs a lot of time. I haven't count it, but it feels like dozen.

And before reboot on the same machine I was able to reproduce it almost each
start. Frankly speaking I need to kill it a few times, before it has started
in the way that it can react to keyboard.

I've tried to run with emacs -Q, but it loads too fast and I won't able to
reproduce that issue on any state of my laptop.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://support.apple.com/en-us/102172

-- 
wbr, Kirill