Subject: 29.0.50; Application not responding

From: "Kirill A. Korinsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 19:13:34 +0200

Here a tricky bug, and probably is related #50641 and I never seems this
behaviour before fix for #50534.

When I have open emacs one another virtual screen, it has openned magit
status buffer, and I've make a click and hold on emacs's icon on desk =>
it shows "Application not responding" (see screenshot).

Not always, but ofthen enough.

When I switch to actual virtual screen which has emacs => it responses
well.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.6 (Build 20G165))
of 2021-10-20 built on MacBook-Pro.sa31-cbt.catap.net
Repository revision: 5f5189e9be6c70c4db99e8057287d16955b9c620
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.6

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --without-dbus
--without-gconf --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-libgmp
--with-gnutls --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
/opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-ns --with-lcms2 --without-harfbuzz
--without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d --with-native-compilation
--with-rsvg 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk -arch
x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk
-arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-lazy-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  magit-gitflow-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  global-undo-fu-session-mode: t
  undo-fu-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  better-jumper-mode: t
  company-tng-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  ivy-rich-project-root-cache-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  dtrt-indent-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  solaire-global-mode: t
  solaire-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ns-auto-titlebar-mode: t
  +popup-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-diminish hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-diminish
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-lint hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-lint
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-delight hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-delight
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-jump hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-jump
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-core hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-core
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-ensure hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-ensure
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/use-package/use-package-bind-key hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/bind-key/bind-key hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/use-package/bind-key
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/straight/straight-x hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/straight.el/straight-x
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/apel/install hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/straight.el/install
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/straight/straight hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/straight.el/straight
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/straight/straight-ert-print-hack hides /Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/straight.el/straight-ert-print-hack
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/cmake-mode/cmake-mode hides /opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/straight.el/indent hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/indent
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/transient/transient hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/xref/xref hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xref
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/project/project hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/project
/Users/catap/src/doom-emacs/.local/straight/build-29.0.50/flim/sasl hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(shadow sort disp-table whitespace flyspell-lazy flyspell ispell
vi-tilde-fringe display-line-numbers highlight-indent-guides
adaptive-wrap mail-extr emacsbug sendmail amx flycheck-popup-tip popup
saveplace so-long dired-aux vc-hg vc-git vc-svn diredfl dired-x ffap
docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat parse-time ls-lisp diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired
diff-hl log-view vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher goto-addr hide-mode-line
magit-extras magit-gitflow gcmh hl-line winner smartparens-config
smartparens-org smartparens-text smartparens ws-butler emojify apropos
tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode ht undo-fu-session undo-fu
flycheck-package package-lint finder finder-inf flycheck cursor-sensor
counsel-projectile which-key better-jumper company-tng company-capf
company etags fileloop generator ivy-xref ivy-avy avy ivy-rich counsel
xdg swiper ivy flx ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color xref project
volatile-highlights magit-todos pcre2el rxt re-builder hl-todo async org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic
bibtex iso8601 ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs github-review ghub-graphql treepy gsexp
ghub url-http url-gw nsm url-auth let-alist gnutls deferred a
magit-autoloads magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process core-packages package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse url-vars git-commit log-edit message rmc
puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source password-cache json map
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-mode transient edmacro kmacro
format-spec magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm with-editor shell
pcomplete doom-snippets doom-snippets-lib yasnippet elisp-mode savehist
recentf tree-widget wid-edit server autorevert filenotify
persistent-soft list-utils pcache eieio-base eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs font-utils unicode-fonts persp-mode dtrt-indent advice
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f s all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons dash doom-themes-ext-treemacs
doom-themes-ext-org solaire-mode face-remap doom-one-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base delsel projectile lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-color ring ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt
smartparens-lua ns-auto-titlebar derived core-editor core-projects
core-ui easy-mmode core-keybinds pp general use-package-core
core-modules tex-site cl core comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-extra
help-mode seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv core-lib pcase subr-x
cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib chemacs iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 905713 310012)
(symbols 48 60357 48)
(strings 32 219973 40737)
(string-bytes 1 6283885)
(vectors 16 139273)
(vector-slots 8 4892699 234722)
(floats 8 1020 1974)
(intervals 56 3385 1569)
(buffers 992 16))

--
wbr, Kirill