Subject: Re: bug#51335: 29.0.50; Use warnings facility for reporting Gnus errors

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 19:18:36 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I will suppress the urge
> to apologize for my *Group* buffer appearance, I'm in the middle of some
> home improvements.

😋

> Lastly, the messages coming from Gnus are very much set up for regular
> message display, in particular the "<message>...done" pattern, which
> doesn't work with the warnings setup.

I'm having a bit of a problem with imagining the use case for that bit.
I don't think any users will ever want to look at a log/warning buffer
containing "Sorting threads..." etc -- it looks like a debugging tool
that's should be totally internal and not involve *Warnings* at all.

I don't think any other packages do anything like that with their
logging facilities.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no