Subject: Re: bug#51321: 29.0.50; date in modelines

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 16:04:09 +0300

On 31/10/2021 10:14 +0000, Alan Third wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:06:37AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> > Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 19:09:51 +0100
>> > From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
>> > Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],
>> > IIRC there was some concern when we made this change that there might
>> > have been confusion caused by it, but afaict we've never had any
>> > problems. Therefore I don't think there's any good reason not to
>> > extend it this way.
>> > 
>> > That was a long way of saying looks good to me.
>> 
>> Thanks.  On which branch would you recommend to install this?
>
> I think it's safe, so I'd suggest we put it in emacs-28.

In my setup with Engish as preferred language and Russia as region
(attaching a screenshot from System Preferences), I'm getting this
warning:

/opt/local/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale
(en_RU.UTF-8): No such file or directory

because LC_ALL is now being set to en_RU.UTF-8 (LANG is set explicitly
to ru_RU.UTF-8 in my .bash_profile and is thus untouched by Emacs).

So maybe we should check that the locale is valid before setting it...

Filipp