Subject: bug#51316: 29.0.50; Should we match the final ".git" in bug-reference autosetup?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:42:44 +0200

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But requires that the string doesn't have anything after the .git,
>> whereas it's currently more sloppy.  I'm not sure whether that's by
>> intent or not.  (So I'm adding Tassilo to the CCs.)
>
> No, in my experience there cannot be anything after ".git".  At least
> it's the last part of the filename and I doubt you can have query
> parameters like https://forge.org/user/project.git?foo=bar in a git url.
>
I tried "git clone https://gitlab.com/rstocker/emacs-bluetooth.git/" and
it worked, so we should probably allow ".git/" with a final slash as
well.

And then I also tried "git clone
https://gitlab.com/rstocker/emacs-bluetooth.git//" and it also worked,
so I guess any number of slashes are allowed after the final ".git".
Therefore I propose something like this:

"[/:]\\([.A-Za-z0-9_/-]+?\\)\\(?:\\.git/*\\)?\\'"

Thanks, best regards.