Subject: [bug#51314] [PATCH 00/29] Add Octoprint (web UI for 3d printers).

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 19:44:53 +0000

Em seg, 2021-11-08 às 22:38 +0200, Efraim Flashner escreveu:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 03:51:00AM +0000, Vinicius Monego wrote:
> > This patchset adds the Octoprint web UI to control 3d printers.
> > 
> > Octoprint itself bundles font-awesome. I removed it in a snippet,
> > don't know how much it would affect usability. I haven't found
> > other bundles with license issues.
> > 
> > Some of the updates have newer versions but I'm updating to "older"
> > versions to maintain compatibility with octoprint. See the comment
> > in the octoprint package.
> 
> Looking at some of the comments here¹ it looks like they're using old
> versions mostly to retain python2 compatibility. On the other hand
> they
> also have a comment about not having checked newer versions yet for
> for
> breaking changes, which IMO is their job. Other than flask-login and
> netaddr I don't see a reason to not try with some of the newer
> versions
> of the packages. I would feel better if they only marked their own
> dependencies and not transitive dependencies.
> 
> I think it makes sense to try newer versions and to add older
> versions
> on an as-needed basis, especially since some of these packages are
> likely to be upgraded again at some point before the next version of
> octoprint.
> 
> ¹ https://github.com/OctoPrint/OctoPrint/blob/1.7.0/setup.py#L17
> 

This is my report for the updates:

I updated python-colorlog, python-zeroconf, python-watchdog and python-
wrapt to latest versions.

The update on python-zeroconf will likely break pulseaudio-dlna which
depends on python2-zeroconf. Upstream also abandoned the project and it
now lives in a fork that can be found here¹. Packaging the fork will
require packaging python-pyroute2 which seems to lead to another chain
of new packages.

Updating Flask to version 2.0 will require updates on python-
itsdangerous, python-werkzeug and python-jinja2, which would have to
rebuild 600+ packages.

I tried to update python-websockets-client to latest version but the
tests hung and I couldn't figure out why.

I'll send a v2 soon.

¹ https://github.com/Cygn/pulseaudio-dlna/