Subject: bug#51308: 29.0.50; A number of tests fail with AOT

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 06:20:36 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> 5 files contained unexpected results:
>   lisp/net/socks-tests.log

This is now fixed.

>   lisp/loadhist-tests.log

This is a bug-ish.  If dired isn't natively-compiled:

(locate-file "dired" load-path (get-load-suffixes))
=> "/home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/dired.elc"

But if it is, then we return the .el file instead:

(locate-file "dired" load-path (get-load-suffixes))
=> "/home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/dired.el"

But load-history has:

 ("/home/larsi/src/emacs/emacs-28/lisp/dired.elc"

Which means that we can't find the .elc file by looking into
load-history based on locate-file.

Returning the .elc file would fix this, but I don't know what other
repercussions there might be.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no