Subject: Re: bug#51302: live stream media audio bug in icecat

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:54:09 -0400

Tadayoshi via bug-gnuzilla via GNUzilla bug reports
<[email-masked]> writes:

> trying my luck here. since 3 updates i have had issues with icecat on live stream players.
> i found out when HLS is enabled for videos it starts to happen. At least on
>
> https://libreddit.spike.codes/
> i need it enabled for sound.
> i tried setting the sandbox to 1 and it did not change the issue.
> maybe you got any idea about it.

It might help to set "privacy.resistFingerprinting" to "false" in
<about:config>.  I've found that some audio/video players misbehave if
it's set to "true".

Would you like to try it and report back?

Note that "privacy.resistFingerprinting" is set to "true" by default in
IceCat, but it's set to "false" by default in upstream Firefox.

     Regards,
       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.