Subject: Re: bug#51302: live stream media audio bug in icecat

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 14:01:52 -0400

Earlier, I wrote:
> It might help to set "privacy.resistFingerprinting" to "false" in
> <about:config>.  I've found that some audio/video players misbehave if
> it's set to "true".
>
> Would you like to try it and report back?

Tadayoshi sent me a private reply letting me know that my suggestion
solved the problem for the audio/video players that were previously
misbehaving.

It might be that we should expose this option in the "IceCat-specific
privacy settings" in <about:preferences#privacy>.  We would need to
write the descriptive text to describe the tradeoffs.

Thoughts?

       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.