Subject: bug#51284: application/x-perl is missing

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 02:07:11 -0700

close 51284
tags 51284 + notabug
thanks

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> C-c C-a runs the command mml-attach-file.
> When we get to
>    Content type (default application/octet-stream): application/x-p<TAB>
> application/x-perl is missing.
> https://reposcope.com/mimetype/application/x-perl

This seems to be working as designed.  The mimetypes come from
`mailcap-parse-mimetypes' that parses a bunch of different files,
including "/etc/mime.types", where on my system I find this line:

text/x-perl					pl pm

So I think you should raise this with your GNU/Linux distribution to get
the "application/x-perl" line added, if that's the right thing to do.
You can also add such a line to "~/.mime.types" and it will work as
expected.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.