Subject: bug#51275: closed (Re: bug#51275: 28.0.60; org-contrib marked as incompatibile)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#51275: 28.0.60; org-contrib marked as incompatibile

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51275: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51275
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#51275: 28.0.60; org-contrib marked as incompatibile
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bastien <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:12:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> M-x list-packages marks org-contrib from NonGNU ELPA as incompatible,
>> because org-9.4.6 is not available (the built-in version is org-9.4.4),
>> despite org-9.5 being available in ELPA.
>>
>> This issue only appears with my local Emacs 28.0.60 build, and not with
>> the Emacs 27.1 otherwise installed on my system (after adding NonGNU
>> ELPA to package-archives).
>>
>> I can reliably reproduce the issue in emacs -Q, by directly calling
>> list-packages after Emacs has loaded, and jumping to the bottom of the
>> *Packages* buffer to find a list of incompatible packages.
>
> I tried this on the trunk, and I get:
>
>   org-contrib                    0.4            available    nongnu   Unmaintained add-ons for Org-mode
>
> So I don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue.  Are you still seeing
> this problem?

No, the issue appears to have resolved itself, though I cannot say what
the cause was.  I'm guessing it was something wrong on my end, so I'll
close the report.

Subject: 28.0.60; org-contrib marked as incompatibile
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 19:31:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

M-x list-packages marks org-contrib from NonGNU ELPA as incompatible,
because org-9.4.6 is not available (the built-in version is org-9.4.4),
despite org-9.5 being available in ELPA.

This issue only appears with my local Emacs 28.0.60 build, and not with
the Emacs 27.1 otherwise installed on my system (after adding NonGNU
ELPA to package-archives).

I can reliably reproduce the issue in emacs -Q, by directly calling
list-packages after Emacs has loaded, and jumping to the bottom of the
*Packages* buffer to find a list of incompatible packages.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.60 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-10-18 built on icterid
Repository revision: 8e8a9202469d568b18ea97319e5627fefd833c0b
Repository branch: emacs-28
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native -pipe' LDFLAGS=-flto'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Article

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  autocrypt-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/philip/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-0.3.6/transient hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/transient
~/.config/emacs/site-lisp/autoload hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vc-git diff-mode bug-reference cl-print finder
find-func time-stamp dired-aux vc-backup log-view pcvs-util vc
vc-dispatcher vc-fossil char-fold misearch multi-isearch shell pcomplete
shell-command+ diff bbdb-message autocrypt-message smiley gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg sort gnus-ml disp-table autocrypt-gnus
autocrypt nndraft nnmh epa-file nnmaildir nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua
bbdb-com crm nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win cus-edit pp
cus-start mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mule-util gnutls network-stream
url-http url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg rfc6068 epg-config
finder-inf noutline outline easy-mmode corfu checkdoc flymake-proc
flymake project thingatpt flyspell ispell repeat gnus-dired dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs time bbdb derived bbdb-site timezone sendmail gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mail-utils wid-edit
hippie-exp winner windmove elec-pair saveplace savehist
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes pcase edmacro kmacro holidays
hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cus-load setup load compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color autoload lisp-mnt mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr tex-site
geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree geiser-custom geiser-base ring
slime-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars comp comp-cstr warnings
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 655589 438013)
 (symbols 48 27029 158)
 (strings 32 165403 136754)
 (string-bytes 1 6375016)
 (vectors 16 68211)
 (vector-slots 8 1798515 528226)
 (floats 8 520 892)
 (intervals 56 15733 4406)
 (buffers 992 40))

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic